The protection of your private sphere and, accordingly, your personal data while using this Internet presence is of utmost importance to Gira. For this reason, we have explained our methods of handling your personal data in the following.
Each time a user accesses a Gira page and each time a file is called up data are saved to a log file as a result of this action. These data are saved for internal, system-based and statistical purposes only. The following data record is saved each time a page/file is called up:
- Name of the file called up
- Date and time of the call
- Amount of data transferred
- Message confirming successful calling-up
- Description of the type of Internet browser used
- Querying IP address in an anonymised form (The IP address is anonymised by deleting the last octet and replacing it with a random value).
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", i.e. text files saved on your computer that enable an analysis of your website use. Normally, the information on your use of this website generated by the cookie is transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. However, by activating IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address is first abbreviated by Google within European Union member states or other contracting states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The complete IP address is only transferred to a Google Server in the USA and abbreviated there under exceptional circumstances. On behalf of the owner of this website, Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, to compose reports on website activity and to create additional services associated with the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser software accordingly. However, we point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website fully in this case. Additionally, you can prevent Google's collection of the data generated by the cookie or related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and Google's processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following address:
- Personal data are then accessed by us when you contact us directly, e.g. via e-mail. Moreover, personal data are only saved when you provide them to us, e.g. within the context of registration, a survey, a contest or when concluding a contract.
Any personal data arising in this context are generated, processed and used in accordance with the respective valid regulations for the protection of personal data, solely for the purpose of contract implementation and to protect authorized internal company interests regarding the consulting and care of our customers and need-based product design.
- Our employees are sworn to secrecy regarding personal data. These data are only passed on when required for fulfilment of the contract. Such third parties are also sworn through agreements to comply with the protection of users' data.
- You can withdraw your consent regarding the processing and use of your personal data at any time effective now and in the future. For this purpose, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to the e-mail address named in the legal information or another written message to the addresses named in the legal information.
At any time, you can obtain information on personal data that we have saved and request that corrections be made if the data are incorrect or outdated. For this purpose, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to the e-mail address named in the legal information or another written message to the addresses named in the legal information.
- All data found and hosted (i.e. stored) on our servers are protected against access by unauthorised persons through the use of a succession of security systems. Our employees and system service providers regularly check the effectiveness of this protection.
- We care about compliance with data protection regulations in every area of our platform and company. We reserve the express right to modify, supplement and amend these data protection provisions at any time or to fully or partially nullify them, especially if new legal requirements or technical developments necessitate the appropriate adaptation of these data protection provisions. Should you have any questions, you can also contact us directly. Write to:
Gira Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG
Electrical Installation Systems
Postfach 12 20
D-42461 Radevormwald, Germany